Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Blog Post #5 What did I learn from the conversations with Anthony Capps?

After listening to the conversations Anthony Capps and Dr. Strange had, I learned a lot. In the videos Project Based Learning I learned the most. One of the things that I agreed with the most was that students learn more from projects. With project base learning, you have to be willing to do some of the learning on your own. The Tips for Teachers video gave me some great tips to become a great new teacher. Some of the tips for me to keep in mind are:

1. become a LEARNER

2. teaching is hard work but FUN

3. be FLEXIBLE

4. REFLECT

I think this video was a great idea because it gives us a perspective on what we as teachers should be doing and what to expect in going into this profession. I also think that every individual, not just teachers, should be LEARNERS.

Project Based Learning

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pearl

    Your post exemplifies one of the most important aspects of a good teacher. That is, be a learner. As a teacher, you will constantly be learning something. Each day you should learn something new; about your students, about the material you are teaching, or maybe even about yourself. But you must first be a good learner to be a good teacher. From there, you can go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure that all pictures have alt and title modifiers in every blog post.

    ReplyDelete