Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blog Post 1

1. What are the things I heard about EDM310?

Last semester I was in a class with a few students who were currently taking EDM310. During the semester I would overhear some the students talk about the class and the assignments that were due. A few times I would hear them say how overwhelming the class was, how hard the assignments were, or even how the teacher never taught them anything. One day I heard one student say, "Dr. Strange is truly that, strange." A lady who I got to talk to on the last day of fall semester told me that she really think I should go out and buy a Mac computer just for this class.

2. What fears do I have about EDM310?

I personally do not have any fears about EDM310, but I do worry if I will be able to complete all the assignments on time and in a professional manner.

3. Compare and contrast EDM310 with other courses I have taken in college or high school.

Most if not all my previous classes have been a teacher teach,the student learn, and then the student is given a test approach. I was always taught in a face-to-face environment as compared to EDM310 where most of the learning is done through videos, websites, or instructions on paper. In EDM310 we are forced to be a self learner than compared to my previous classes where I learned mainly from the teacher.

4. What do I think will be the most difficult thing for me in EDM310?

The most difficult thing I think I will be is completing all assignments on time.

5. What is the best way for me to address this "most difficult" aspect of EDM310?

The best way that I can think of to address this aspect, is to make a schedule and stick to it.

6. What questions do I still have about EDM310? What ideas do I have about how to address those questions?

I currently do not have any questions concerning EDM310, but if I do come up with some I will be sure to contact you or your staff to have them answered.

keep calm and renew your mind

3 comments:

  1. "In EDM310 we are forced to be a self learner than compared to my previous classes where I learned mainly from the teacher." Correct. Except I would argue that you rarely learn from the teacher. You do the learning. the teachers sets the stage on which you practice and where youlearn. One student once told me "I want you to teach me so I don't have to learn. So I don't have to learn. Oh my. You must not live life without being a lifelong independent learner. The US once released a stamp which read "Learning never ends." I hope that is the case with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pearl,

    I think EDM 310 will teach students the ability to use technology to our advantage. I had the same mind set upon entering this class, I felt that the workload would be overwhelming and I wasn't going to complete the assignments on time. Being an independent learner you are able to recognize your lack of knowledge and need to obtain more information to deepen your understanding. When you review the material and plan ahead the amount of work due won't seem to be stressful.

    ReplyDelete