Saturday, January 18, 2014

Practice Post

Some personal information about me

I am the youngest of five children. I have two sisters and two deceased brothers. I was born in Fort Myers, Florida and moved to Alabama in 1993 with my family. My family and I have lived in several towns before ending up here in the city of Mobile in 2000. I attended Murphy High School where I was active in several clubs, and graduated in 2007 with a advance diploma. I am the mother of a busy two year old boy named Joel. He is definitely the apple of my eye. The joy that I get in hearing him laugh and the hugs are just heart warming. God and my family are my back bone.

My major interest

One of my interest is to make a difference in someones life. Regardless if it is a small difference or a large one. I get joy knowing that I have helped someone along the way become a better person. Another one of my interest is poetry. I love to hear someone express their thoughts, feelings, and perception on things. The way they word things, the tone, and volume of their voice makes it even more interesting to me. I wish Mobile had more spoken word events for me to enjoy.

Why I want to enter into the field of education

My career choice as a child has always been to either become a teacher or a nurse. I always love being around and helping children, so what better way to accomplish that, than to become a teacher or nurse. I started off by attending Bishop State Community College majoring in nursing. After several years of studying nursing, I decided that nursing was not the right career choice or me. After some thought and graduating from Bishop State with my AS degree, I decided to attend the University of South Alabama to pursue a degree in Education. My love for kids led me to the field of Elementary Education. I am currently in my second semester at South and I am enjoying the new journey that I am on.

My passions

My passions are cooking, baking, and painting. When I was growing up I never liked trying new foods, but recently I have been getting into trying different food and recipes than I use to. Just on my birthday I went to a restaurant and ordered oysters, which in the past I was hesitant to try. A new recipe that I have tries making was Parmesan spinach stuffed chicken, and if I must say so myself, it was delicious. As a young girl I loved watching my mom bake and my sister and I use to fight over who was going to get the left over batter from the mixing bowl. The moment from when I was old enough to use a oven by myself I fell in love with baking. Some recipes I made up from what I thought should or would be in a recipe, and of course those did not turn out quite right. Then there was the recipes I tried from my mother's cookbook, which always turned out good. I started getting into art in 1999 after my first brother died. I used it as a way to express my feelings and had a passion for it that day on. My favorite subject in high school was always art, I took art three years in a row and joined the art club because I loved it so much. The thing i do best is bake. What i would like to do more than other things is paint, and what I want to do better is paint.

 some ingredients used for cooking and baking
,

No comments:

Post a Comment