Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blog Post #9 What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?

In Mrs. Cassidy's videos (Part1, Part2, Part3) she talked about how she introduced technology to her 1st grade classes 10 years ago. She was given some computers for her classroom and needed to find a use for them. Mrs. Cassidy does not use much of technology for her personal life, but found it to be very useful for her students. On a weekly basis she allowed her students to create a blog post to introduce them to technology. I like that she is exposing the students to this at such a young age. I also think the younger they are exposed to these type of things, the more likely they will keep using it later in life. The approach that Mrs. Cassidy took was very direct, she took the tools she had and used it in the best was she saw fit. I agree with Mrs. Cassidy that we should start off by finding something we are interested in and sign up for different tools that will allow you to explore and learn more. I love how the students like to go to their blogs and read the comments written by people from all over the world. I think I will start off with my students to create videos of something they like, I think this will break the ice of using technology in the classroom, while letting the students get to know each other in the process.
Mrs. Cassidy's class blog

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I like your idea of starting out with a video in your classroom. This will get students excited about learning. They can also share their videos with students around the world. Teachers can show videos from other classes around the world to give the students a different perspective on what they are learning about that week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Videos and blogs. Good start. Did you watch all three videos? I can't tell from what you have written.

    ReplyDelete