Saturday, March 8, 2014

Blog Post #7 What can we learn about teaching and learning from Randy Pausch?

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture was a great lecture for everyone to watch. He gave some great pointers for people to use throughout life. Whether you are a dreamer or just someone looking for encouragement, you can find it in Pausch's lecture. As a learner I learned that as we learn we are also teachers. We need to make sure that we have FUN while learning, and as we learn we need not to complain just work harder. As I become a teacher I got some great advice from the lecture for myself. The BEST gift a teacher can give is to get the students to become self reflective. I know we have all been told to look over your test a second time to make sure all questions have been answered, but from Pausch's quote I took it beyond just looking over test a second time but in all that we do, we should take some time just to reflect on the things we have done. As teachers we will constantly be learning from our students and I thinks not just students but others as well, as I have heard before we should become LIFETIME LEARNERS.
A winner is a dreamer who never gives up

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that the best gift we as teachers can give is self reflection. If we can accomplish this as teachers we have done our jobs.

    ReplyDelete